Information on the processing of personal data within the framework of online registration
As of 25 May 2018 the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural personas with regard to the processing of personal data on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR) is directly applicable in all Member States of the European Union.
The GDPR, inter alia, provides for extended information requirements in regard to the processing of personal data. IN fulfilment of those obligations (in particular Art 13 GDPR) we are hereby informing you about the processing of your personal data carried out by us on the basis if the online registration.
1. What type of personal data (hereinafter “Data”) will be processed?
Following data will be processed: e-mail-address.
2. What is the purpose of the data processing?
To be able to send you the link to the respective event. If necessary, further information concerning this event (rescheduling, etc.) will be sent to you.
3. What is the legal basis for the data processing?
Art. 6 Par. 1 lit. a GDPR - Consent
The consent can be revoked at any time with effect for the future. This will have the following adverse consequences for you: You will not receive a link or further information regarding the event(s).
In any case, revocation will mean that we will no longer process your data for the above-mentioned purpose and, in particular, that we will delete any data (still) stored.
4. Will the Data be transferred to other persons or entities in whole or in part?
5. Are the recipients mentioned under item 4 located outside the EU/outside the EEA and/or are they an international organization?
6. How long will the data be stored and/or what are the criteria for determining the storage period?
The data you provide (e-mail address) will be stored for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. In addition, the data will be stored until the end of any legal disputes for which they are needed as evidence.
7. What are your rights as a data subject?
Generally, you have a right to request from the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna access to and rectification or erasure of your Data or restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
To exercise these rights please contact our data protection officer (for contact details see Item 8). In addition, you have the right to lodge any appeals you may have with the data protection authority.
8. Contact details of the controller and their data protection officer:
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
Data protection officer
General and more detailed information no the topic of data protection at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna can be found at www.boku.ac.at/datenschutz.